Mozilla unveiled a smartphone based on the free mobile platform Firefox OS. Phone created companies Telefonica and Geeksphone is designed for software developers. The device boasts a Qualcomm Snapdragon processor with 1 GHz, 3.5-inch display with a resolution of 480 x 320 pixels, 512 MB RAM and 4 GB of permanent storage.
The smartphone has a slot for MicroSD, a light sensor and proximity, supports 2G and 3G and is not tied to the cellular operator. Internal storage capacity of the battery is 1580 mAh, resolution main camera - 3 megapixels.
According to Mozilla's official blog, the main role in this case isn’t the hardware, and also the software package put in. When you create a simple application for Firefox OS requires little effort, since it requires only some changes to the existing site. Test the operating system and designed for her web applications with Firefox OS Simulator.
Phone features Firefox OS for developers:
- Qualcomm Snapdragon S1 processor with 1 GHz.
- Support networks UMTS 2100/1900/900 (3G HSPA).
- Support networks GSM 850/900/1800/1900 (2G EDGE).
- 3.5 inch screen with a resolution HVGA.
- 3 megapixel camera.
- 4 GB of non-volatile memory, 512 MB of RAM.
- MicroSD, Wi-Fi, proximity and light, G-Sensor, GPS, MicroUSB.
- The battery capacity of 1580 mAh.
- Updates over the air (OTA).
- There is no binding to the cellular operator.
The advantages include the Firefox OS is open source and the hardware platform, low demands on processing power, faster execution of simple applications and support for HTML5.